Serial Graphic LCD (GLCD) Module VSM Support

dartec

Hi, Trying the PICAXE VSM software I notice the Serial Graphic LCD (GLCD) Module isn't supported as a device. Is this a future update or because the software is in demo mode? Regards.

tiscando

Welcome to the picaxe forum. :)

I have got the HDG12864F-1 serial glcd working by manually shifting in %11111111 MSB-first with /RD high, /WR low, A0 high, /RES high, and /CS1 low, using logicstates. Also, VDD is connected to a power terminal at VCC; GND is connected to the ground terminal; a 1nF capacitor is connected between the Vout and GND.

For picaxes to work in VSM, you need to get a licence key.

Could we clarify what you mean when you say the serial GLCD module (What module?) isn't supported as a device?

tiscando

dartec,
I followed your link, and the datasheet for the GLCD, and I found that the LED042 is actually a parallel GLCD called "AMPIRE 128x64" (with a "KS1018" firmware chip), connected to a PIC microcontroller programmed with "GLIC" software, converting it to a serial GLCD.

Different firmware chips have different instruction sets, so the serial GLCD I have suggested in my last post has a "sed1565" chip.

dartec

Hi Tiscando,

I have looked at the glcd you use but not sure how to do what you have said. I am relatively new to lcd/glcd use.

Do you have a circuit I could use for connection and perhaps sample code I could work from to start me off, please?

My thoughts are serial would be easier to use and programme, I have also look at some displays from 4D Systems which are colour and use serial to sedn programme code. The good thing with VSM is I can learn/experiment without damaging componants.

Regards