Sensirion SHT11

CWells

I'm trying to interface a SHT11 temp/humidity sensor with a Picaxe-08M, and I'm having trouble figuring out the Shiftout routines. According to the manual, SPIOUT works, but it won't for me. I found the equivalent routines, but I can't see how they work exactly, and I don't know how to handle the "ack" bits. I only need to read the humidity for this application, and if someone could help me with the code, I could figure out the temp part if I had to. Could someone post some pseudocode so I can figure out the 9-bit start sequence, and the handling of the ack bits?

xstamp

Parallax have a couple of N&V articles about SHT11 intefacing on their site.

www.parallax.com/dl/docs/cols/nv/vol3/col/nv91.pdf

Although you will not be able to use 'BASIC Stamp examples directly, they might act as useful 'pseudocode'.

CWells

Yup, got that article. I've already got it working with the BS2, I need to convert the code for the Picaxe. I just need to figure out the shiftout & shiftin routines with the ack bit.

BrendanP

Hi Chris, I have an app for a temp/humidity sensor. Can this device be used with I2C on the 28X/40X parts?

CWells

Brendan, I don't know the answer to your question, but I think I2C isn't quite compatible.
I think I've got the protocol figured out now, I'll know for sure in a little while, as I'm coding now.

gmoulds

Chris,

Just interested how you got on. Just started the same project myself. Interfacing the SHT-11 to a 08M

Grahame

CWells

The project was completed, and is currently still working.

I had to hunt around for a while, but I found detailed info about the communication protocol of the SHT-11, and was able to figure out what I was doing wrong.

Now if I can only figure out my LCD AppMod...