Second & Third Attachments Test

westaust55

What is the purpose of your various attachment tests?

If you are trying to ascertain what types can be uploaded, then tht list is provided when you click on the Go Advanced button at the bottom right of your post screen.

At the bottom, there is a link to "Manage Attachments" followed immediately below by a list of allowable atatchements:
Valid file extensions: bas bmp cad doc dsn gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf plf png psd txt zip.

I have mergerd you attachement tests into one thread rather than multiple for the same purpose.

HENRY JAMES

westaust55 - I was trying to attach a picture of a breadboard (a jpg of 2.65Mb) to a thread without success, so I first tried a simple Word document (also first with no success as it had a docx suffix, so I had to re-save it in an old format). The only way I thought of for attaching the picture was to print it and scan it. This brought it down below 1 mb and it then attached. Do you know of any better way of reducing the file size of pictures? Also, how do I get rid of old tests from Sandbox please?

eclectic

westaust55 - I was trying to attach a picture of a breadboard (a jpg of 2.65Mb) to a thread without success, so I first tried a simple Word document (also first with no success as it had a docx suffix, so I had to re-save it in an old format). The only way I thought of for attaching the picture was to print it and scan it. This brought it down below 1 mb and it then attached. Do you know of any better way of reducing the file size of pictures? Also, how do I get rid of old tests from Sandbox please?
1. http://www.irfanview.com/

2. Scan at a lower resolution.

2. You can delete your old posts (but not threads),
using the Edit Post option.

e

Paix

I marginally prefer the irfanview image.
Taking that image as target, here are a few commands from the Linux command line that invoke Imagemagick for command line image manipulation.

I don't think it is beyond the wit of man to think that most of you will instantly recognise what each command does, just by reading it.

> convert hjbbirfan3.jpg -resize 66% xhjbirfan31.png
> convert hjbbirfan3.jpg -resize 33% xhjbirfan32.png
> convert hjbbirfan3.jpg -resize 10%% xhjbirfan33.png

> convert -delay 80 -loop 0 xhjbirfan3*.png xhjbirfan4.gif
# makes an animated gif from multiple images.

xhjbirfan32.png this isn't animated.

westaust55

While other software that one can download for free or (even) purchase may/will certainly do a better job, all versions of
MS Windows comes with MS Paint which can accept a jpeg file and resize it to reduce the overall file size suitable for uploading to the PiCAXE forum.