schematics

mohitsingh

hi, i am having trouble in making my pcb board. is there any software that can make the pcb board for me? i can make my circuit on schematic with no probs. but converting from that to pcb board is quite hard. I have heard something about crocodile?? is it any good? where can i get it from.
p.s. i am using eagle layout editor for my project right now.. but it dosnt convert schematics into pcb board. (www.cadsoftusa.com)

plz check out my website on electronics www.tvnzwebchallenge.co.nz/mohitsingh
chears!

RickAlty

Try downloading the free software from PCB123 at www.pcb123.com

While it's intended for letting you design PCB's for them to make for you, it works for making a printout too.

Plus, I'm not sure what you mean about Eagle. The version I downloaded - the free one - does indeed transform a schematic to a PCB layout.

Bloody-orc

btw eagle does convert schems to boards...

1)open your shematic
2)click on the 5'th button named "Board" on the upper buttonbar.
3)Then it should ask "create from schem.?" and then click yes.

This works 99% on first click. When you have made a board previously delete is on your control panel and then make a new one as i mentioned...

if the board has been created drag those components in place and click "auto" button (one of those 5 buttons in lower left) this creates the connections...

hope it helps..

pittuck

There is also a rip up command which when selected rips up one connection at a time after routing.

BUT if u select the rip up tool and click on the traffic lights at the top it will rip up all connections ;)

// I use eagle all the time!

Edited by - pittuck on 4/16/2005 8:12:53 AM

TEZARM

Try RIMU PCB. This will allow you to convert PCB Schematic to PCB Design. Think you have to have the latest version to do this though.

d.l.bird

I downloaed the (free) PCB123 software and used their schematic software, it's great some of the ebst and easiest to use and produces great printed results too.

mohitsingh

i know you can make the pcb layout through eagle... but i want it to make it for me automatically.... so that i dnt have to do it myself.. because it gets very confusing and messy.. i am not good at designing the pcb

bobrayner

Unless you want to spend some VERY VERY serious currency I don't think you will find anything to successfully lay out a PWB "automatically". I think some of the top end packages, although doing an excellent job, require a bit of final touch up.
Note I used "PWB" instead of "PCB". PCB's are supposed to cause cancer so the term PCB to describe a board has gone out of favour a bit.
Cheers BobR

ylp88

Automatic routing is not all that good as it sounds. Many of these packages are EXTREMELY expensive and can be quite fiddly if you just want to quickly throw together a small circuit board.

A guy who lives down the street from me has a copy of Altium's Protel DXP (he got it for almost AU$9000, I think). He only really uses it for circuit simulation and I occasionally borrow it for FPGA design; nonethless, it is extremely hard to use and it is better to stick with a manually routing package as they usually look nice (well they should, it is your style!).

Oh yes, almost forgot, I use CirCAD'98. The free version is simple to use and has a pretty good library packages with it. I wlll create transfer a schematic to PCB and will ratnest it for you...

ylp88

Edited by - ylp88 on 4/20/2005 6:56:29 AM

RickAlty

I use Eagle to autoroute PCB's with no problems at all so far - although they have been small and simple boards. Just click on 'tools' and 'auto' in the board view.

Richard