running on a mac

dan27

hi there, i have just installed the usb driver on windows xp using bootcamp on a macbook pro.
im trying to connect with a pic 08m. i know the circuit works as it connects to another computer (pc).
when i look at the setup opions in the programme editor it shows no serial ports.
can anyone help?

danny:)

dan27

Hi, yes it shows there. It does recognise the device although just after searching for the device a sign pops up saying there might be a difficulty locating it.

After that it does show in the device manager. Only in the programme it seems not to be present as no comports are showing:(

MikeV

When you say you installed the driver, can you be more precise? Are you using any USB to serial adapter? Those can make problems.

Last edited:

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
It does sound like the driver is not installing correctly. Try uninstalling it and then reinstalling wth the drivers form the software link at the top of this forum page. Also check the virtual COM port number is between 1-16, the AXE027 datasheet explains how to change if necessary.

Also - always - make sure the actual cable is inserted only after the machine is running in 'active windows' mode - ie do not plug it in in when the machine is still 'acting as a mac'. Also always use the same usb port on the computer.

ivicyrusivi

did you download the usb drivers and not the serial drivers?

also im using a mac, with bootcamp, but also have it working through vmware! only thing i had to change was the COM port but apart from that all is fine!