RES035, RES036 data sheets.

Odessa

Did a search here to see if anyone has enquired previously regarding data sheets for the resonators sold at the RevEd (Picaxe) website, but no results. Does anybody know who the manufacturer is, and what their part number is for these oscillators, or alternately, anybody have the datasheet in pdf or otherwise?

Thanks, Odessa.

westaust55

Not aware of a datasheet specific to the Rev Ed supplied responators.
Had a look on the MicroZed website here in Australia but no link there either.

I have downloaded generic datsheets for resonators in the past.

I guess the question is, why do you need it?

Odessa

I need it, same as anyone else needs it that wishes to possibly design any of those components into a circuit.

They have three pins and there is no indication of how they should be connected, or to what. I can guess, but why do that and potentially destroy components? Can you tell me the max allowed voltage? What about the minimum operating voltage? How about potential drift over temperature? Initial accuracy? What type of loading is permissible? How about the rise and fall times? How much power does it consume at different voltages?

If I want to put that on a PCB, the dimensions would also be helpful.

There are many reasons to have the data sheet, and no good ones for not providing it with the component.

Anybody else have any information on these?

Thanks, Odessa.

Last edited:

Odessa

Fabulous, Dippy, thank you.

My use for resonators is not confined exclusively to Picaxe application circuits, so I need the data.

Also, Manual 1, P 31 does not make it perfectly clear how to connect. You have to assume the center pin is the one connected to circuit common. Most people would probably make that assumption but I've been in this business long enough to know better.

PS FYI, Res08 (which I didn't initially ask about) is in a cylindrical metal tube, not the variety in either of the data sheets you issued links on... To the tech support people at REV ED, I suggest adding data sheets to all components sold on the website...

Last edited:

westaust55

I need it, same as anyone else needs it that wishes to possibly design any of those components into a circuit.

They have three pins and there is no indication of how they should be connected, or to what.

There are many reasons to have the data sheet, and no good ones for not providing it with the component.
Ah!
So to have known what you wanted - such as how to connect could have been answered without a datasheet.

Mention on accuracy and other parameters might have solicited an example earlier. Moral - the more information you provide about your quest, the better answer you can receive.

Notwithstanding that, here is another datasheet with details. http://www.shoulder.cn/proi/product_images/d/cn_f__97.pdf

Last edited:

Dippy

Yes, I see what you mean.
More like a case of 'perfectly clear after you have found out' ;)
Point taken.
I have a Data Sheet 'thing' too.

Yes, data sheet links would be handy addition - even a little sketch like those test circuit sketches could help.

EDIT:
True Westy, but a Data Sheet link would have answered Odessas queries in one hit, without having to wait half a day to get a reply....

Tip to Odessa: Go to big suppliers like Farnell etc. They have zillions of products and Data Sheet links to most devices and products.
To quote you... " I've been in this business long enough to know" .. where to look :)

Last edited: