Range of compatible modules?

MFB

The introduction of the GPS010 and RF1021 modules and supporting interface code should not only lead to an increase in the popularity of the PICAXE but also represent good standalone opportunities. After all, SparFun has been successfully selling modules and simple breakout boards for some time. If Rev-Ed plan to increase their range of modules it might be worth considering developing a 'standard' pin-out arrangement, that is currently lacking in many competing products.

As almost all such modules will have an I2C or UART interface it would be possible to standardize on the six-way 0.1 inch double-row connectors that are widely available in board or IDC ribbon versions. This would allow a range of modules to be quickly strong together via a common ribbon cable. Using these connectors it would be possible to feed power, I2C and two general purpose/serial lines between the modules. I think its worth having other suggestions along these lines at this early stage in the introduction of PICAXE compatible family of modules.