Question for RevEd. Is it OK to post modified versions of the AXE133 software?

Flenser

I wanted to get some hands-on experience driving 16x2 LCD displays so first I modified the AXE133 code to use the hardware UART. Using buffered serial in the background the 18M2 AXE133 program is able to keep up with serial commands at 9600 baud. i.e. for baud rates up to 9600 baud the sender does not need to put any delay in between each character.

Driving the LCD in 4-bit mode would need 4 fewer output pins than are used on the 18M2 so next I ported my modified AXE133 code to the 14M2. Using 4-bit mode means that the code has to write to the LCD twice per character so this version is slower but can keep up with serial commands at 4800 baud.

Having got this far, I couldn't help myself, I had to try getting the AXE133 code to run on the 08M2. Using a few extra external components this works and can also keep up with serial commands at 4800 baud.

The AXE133 software has a copyright notice as a comment right at the head of the file so before I did work to prepare my project for posting I thought I would check on the forum to find if posting modified versions of AXE133 in this way would be OK and what, if any, requirements RevEd has in the way of attribution.

inglewoodpete

I wanted to get some hands-on experience driving 16x2 LCD displays so first I modified the AXE133 code to use the hardware UART. Using buffered serial in the background the 18M2 AXE133 program is able to keep up with serial commands at 9600 baud. i.e. for baud rates up to 9600 baud the sender does not need to put any delay in between each character.

Driving the LCD in 4-bit mode would need 4 fewer output pins than are used on the 18M2 so next I ported my modified AXE133 code to the 14M2. Using 4-bit mode means that the code has to write to the LCD twice per character so this version is slower but can keep up with serial commands at 4800 baud.

Having got this far, I couldn't help myself, I had to try getting the AXE133 code to run on the 08M2. Using a few extra external components this works and can also keep up with serial commands at 4800 baud.

The AXE133 software has a copyright notice as a comment right at the head of the file so before I did work to prepare my project for posting I thought I would check on the forum to find if posting modified versions of AXE133 in this way would be OK and what, if any, requirements RevEd has in the way of attribution.
A few years ago I posted code and circuit for a much-enhanced version of the AXE133 (OLED display) using a 20X2. The code was built on the concepts of Rev-Ed's design and I made acknowledgement of their product and PICAXE code in both the posted article and the code listing. I suggest you do the same. After all, we are promoting discussion and sales of more PICAXE chips - surely they must like that!