Qc1602a lcd

oracacle

I have one of these things, got it for free! I also have a AXE134 the I spilt water on (high speed water photography and being a little clumsy). The OLED sort of still works with dead vertical line which makes some letters and numbers un readable.

The question is, can I remove the Serial back pack from the OLED and with some code modifications where required use it on the above LCD (I know I will need to add a 10K pot to the back pack).

If the general thought is that it should not be a problem I maybe back for help getting any code sorted, but fingers crossed that not much should be needed.

I am off to bed now and will have another look with fresh eyes when I get up.

Thanks

nick12ab

Yes that LCD will work with the backpack but the two pins for the backlight are at the opposite end of the main 14pin connector compared to the normal Rev-Ed 16x2 LCDs so don't line up all 16 pins.

Also try disassembling the OLED module and cleaning the contacts, then reassemble it and see if it works fully again.

oracacle

I have been through taking it apart cleaning and what have you to no joy i however found that it works fine if i let it get warm by the heater or something - need it for monitoring temps at work as we suspect that its getting lower than the 13 degree centigrade recomanded by HSE. It will be used to monitor min max and current temps and record the time and temp onto an EEPROM

Dippy

Why not just get a display that is reliable?

If this is for important evidence about working conditions surely you will need to use something that is acceptable by your employer and/or HSE?

Certainly a home-made device is first step to show the boss but I just have visions of a 'fussy' employer scoffing at something that needs to be put on the radiator to make it work.
My employer (who is very fussy) would ask me to use a properly manufactured and calibrated device - anything else would give them ammunition to wriggle out.

And if it takes ages to sort out then the weather will have warmed up :)

oracacle

hens why I want to swap the back pack onto the then QC1602A. as for the employer, they will start to get things sorted as soon as any threatens the fact that they have any form of data logged evidence that they can take to the press, calibrated or other wise.

The calibrated non logged temperature in the warm part of the premises was showing around 8 degrees the other night, so we know its cold but proving it is the hard part - logging such info will be good.
And I will get to use it at home when they have gotten their fingers out of the backsides and done something about it

oracacle

All working great thanks guys.

Just need to figure out min and max recording taking into account positive and negative tempuratures