Project PCB

lbenson

How to convert a Pebble breadboard diagram into a PCB?
As papaof2 suggests, there is no automated way of doing the conversion. Starting with SolarMike's Diptrace version or one of my EagleCad versions would probably be best.

Gramps

As papaof2 suggests, there is no automated way of doing the conversion. Starting with SolarMike's Diptrace version or one of my EagleCad versions would probably be best.
I looked at EagleCAD one time. Felt like a third grader looking at Algebra 1🙄

inglewoodpete

I looked at EagleCAD one time. Felt like a third grader looking at Algebra 1🙄
Yes, I know exectly what you mean.

I have been using Eagle for 18 years and the first year or two were pretty frustrating for me as a part-time user. I now understand it pretty well but it would have been easier if I had a coach or mentor. My latest design has about 180 surface-mount components. (At 64, mounting the sourface-mount components is a bigger challenge for me!)

Solar Mike

Here is the Diptrace file; I don't have a schematic, I normally design most simple layouts without one.
If its going to be a complex design I will do a schematic first then create an initial PCB from that and update the schematic if changes are made.

I use the full commercial version of diptrace, however this board only has a few components so should load using the free product.

Cheers
Mike

Attachments

lbenson

Odd. Before you posted above I didn't know there was an online version. You should still be able to save your design by clicking "Save or Load" and copying what is shown into notepad (or equivalent) and saving. I always include "pebble" somewhere in the file name so I can find them all with "dir *pebble*". I have nearly a hundred designs saved since 2009.

Gramps

I'm hoping after the holidays my son can walk me through getting it to correctly load.
I haven't tried saving a project yet but it looks like the online version will do everything the downloaded one does. Yes that's a good idea to call them Pebbles😁

inglewoodpete

I haven't tried saving a project yet but it looks like the online version will do everything the downloaded one does. Yes that's a good idea to call them Pebbles😁
I have never used pebble, so can't suggest how to load it and get it going the way you expect. Perhaps it is just an issue of perception.

My understanding is that Pebble runs in a browser and looks like a webpage. The 'clever' part is that WA55 has added enhancements that allow you to modify and save (and then reload at a later time) the layout diagrams (webpages) that you create.