Programming raw pic with Picaxe firmware ?

1968neil

Im sure this subject has been discussed before, however ive been away from Picaxe for a while.........

My problem is :

I would like to use an 14M2 in a commercial design that i would like to have produced by a pcb manufacturer in the far east and they have an assembly service so i can get back a almost "turn Key" product.

I have some reservations about supplying the 14m2 directly or asking them to source it etc.
I do remember a few years back that the picaxe programmer had a provision for programming a raw pic with the assembler code ?
This doesn't appear to be in the current version ?
Can anyone enlighten me regarding this ?

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
It has been intended to include the ability to create assembly code from the PE6 at some time in the future but there is no schedule for that. The assembly code generated will likely be limited as it was for PE5 and similarly will not necessarily support all PICAXE Basic commands or functionality achievable when using a PICAXE itself.

So, at present there is no way to generate assembly language code from PE6 which can be programmed into a raw PIC microcontroller.

There shouldn't be any major issues with supplying a product with a PICAXE within it and some commercial customers have done exactly that.