Programming Editor keyboard Shortcuts

dennis

Could a list of keyboard shortcuts be added to one of the manuals as well as a bit more instruction on how to use the editor ? For instance the collapse blocks facility is excellent but not os easy to find information on. Alternatively maybe a separate datasheet could be issued.

Congratulations on an excellend editor.

westaust55

I trust that you are aware that when you use the menu's in the PE, that at the right hand side of most menu items, the relevant shortcut is given.

For example:

File /
- Open = Ctrl+0
- Save = Ctrl+S
- Print = Ctrl+P

Simulate/
- Run = Ctrl+F5

PICAXE/
- Program = F5
- Check Syntax = F4
- Debug = F6
- Terminal = F8

You could always create a list yourself and post it for others to use.
Rev Ed just may even take up your list if you put in the effort to produce something useful.

Last edited:

Geko

Hello westaust55
Would it be possible to add keyboard shortcuts to the Break/Run, Single Step and Stop buttons when in simulation mode?
Best Regards

nick12ab

Would it be possible to add keyboard shortcuts to the Break/Run, Single Step and Stop buttons when in simulation mode?
There are no keyboard shortcuts for those, except for Run which is Ctrl+F5.

After starting the simulator, you can mouse over one of the buttons in the simulator panel, hold down the left button, move the cursor away from the button, release the button then pressing the space bar will press that button.

Geko

Thank you for that tip. Following your advice I can now toggle the single step button with my left (non dominant) hand and write notes with my right hand.
As I'm a beginner this helps to observe the running of a program.
Cheers