Problems using Logicator

Basrad

I'm trying to use this Logicator, as the old software doesn’t support multi programs. (old software seems much more straight forward)

Using the 14M2 chip.. The OUTPUTS icon allows me to use the outputs on the right-hand side 0 to 5, but according to the data sheet I can also use the ones (Inputs) as outputs aswell....? How do I enable the 'inputs' as outputs? 12 in total as spec'd?

Also using the old software I could easily read a ADC, store it to variable and then IF it...

How do I achieve the same in Logicator?

nick12ab

What exactly is the 'old software'? PICAXE Programming Editor? In which case, use labels start1:, start2: etc.

It seems Logicator doesn't have the reconfigurable pins implemented on anything above the PICAXE-08(M/M2) chips. You can use a BASIC cell and the dirsB/dirsC variables to reconfigure the pins.

Basrad

Hi -

The 'old software' is PICAXE Programming Editor V5.2.11
Its a shame the Logicator doesn’t support the dirsB/dirsC in GUI... I find logicator much less logical than the previous above.

So I am trying to read an ADC to switch between 2 parts.. So in the old software it was..

(in flow) [ReadADC] 0,b0 | [If] b0 > 125 YES = NO =

Easy..

in Logicator... Decision.. No thats not it.... Read.. EEPROM.. NOPE ... OK

Found it- ReadADC into Varible... A,B,C,D what was up with b0,b1,b2 etc.. confuses us oldens and the youngens, but ok..

SO ReadADC into A

part 2... IF... Decision.. Nope thats not it.. Analogue... ADC range??? NOPE.... ahhh Its COMPARE?

Compare A > 125 YES = NO =

I guess I'm just moaning needlessly. I can work it out, just takes alot longer as there are many more options - SO overall probably an improvement. Just not used to change at my time in life :)

Next Question how to I read a switch press from a micro switch to start another line of commands?

nick12ab

Next Question how to I read a switch press from a micro switch to start another line of commands?
I don't have access to Logicator right now, but you need to find a decision-type command that allows you to compare a pin.