Possible bug in serrxd?

pbunyan

hi, ive just been playing around with a new 28x1 and have found a possible bug in the code. if i use serrxd with a qualifier, it works fine putting the recieved ascii value into the variable, eg
Code:
main:
serrxd ("a"), b1, b2
sertxd #b1, #b2
got main
and it will output the values back to the ediitors terminal,but if i try putting the sent character as the actual value of the variable using a # before the variable, eg
Code:
main:
serrxd ("a"), #b1, #b2
sertxd #b1, #b2
got main
i find that i have to send the qualifier again after sending the two variables before it will move on to the rest of the code. i can send the two variables, then send anything else and it still wont work, so instead of sending "a" "23" "45" i have to send "a" "23" "45" "a" before the picaxe will send the two numbers back using sertxd. can anyone ese confirm this?

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Sounds like correct behaviour - remember you have to send another non-numeric character after the final "5" to tell the chip that the # number reception is complete. In your case the second "a" is doing this?

You should actually be sending non-numeric between each number e.g.
"a" "23" "x" "45" "x"

Last edited:

pbunyan

using the terminal i was sending the data as "a 23 45", so the spaces must have been sent as the non-numeric, but i didnt know that you had to send one. i did try just sedning any old number after the last bit of data, but it would only work if i sent an "a" character, and i would only need to do this if i used #b1, #b2 instead of b1, b2, which is what puzzled me. ill have another play around later on to see if it was just me causing it. thanks!