Playing With Blocky

CDRIVE

A few weeks back I downloaded the update for my Beta version of PE6. Along with it came the Blocky option. So today I thought I'd play with it just to see what it's all about. After about an hour or two of fun and games this is my opinion...

While I don't think anything will replace my preference for hard coding in Picaxe basic, I constantly marvel at how wonderful Rev Ed & Picaxe in general is! The Bocky was fun and will probably find a niche with younger and newer Picaxe users. When I read posts in other forums where a nube is desirous of getting their feet wet with uC's I jump at the chance to send them the Picaxe home page link.

I'm a retired engineering tech but when I was still employed I steered away from uC's like they had the plague. That fear was dispelled when my buddy and coworker Ron introduced me to Picaxe. Prior to that he tried to hook me on Stamps and blank PICs to no avail. The bible-esc size of the manuals alone was enough to discourage me. In fact I think they're responsible for my hernia. :eek:

About a year ago I decided I'd give a shot at blank PIC's and ASM code once again. After this second attempt to grab my interest I've decided that I don't like pain that much and I could not justify any reason for spending my time involved with sadomasochism. I'm going to enjoy my retirement nestled comfortably with a friendly PICAXE!

Picaxe was and still is the most painless and wonderfully designed uC platform ever conceived!!! EVER!!!!! I love the staff that gave the world PICAXE.

Chris