Pin assignments in Logicator for 40X2

TerryRy

I intend to use the 40X2 and purpose-built test jig to control an automatic testing procedure on newly constructed PCB's. I will be using quite a lot of inputs and outputs, stimulating the PCB under test and checking multiple outputs as well as measuring internal voltages and checking pass/fail thresholds. There will be around 30 sequential tests in all with guidance to the test jig user via a 2x16 OLED. At the end of a successful testing process a file will be sent to a label printer.

I'm having trouble understanding how Logicator will use (or restrict) the highly configurable 40X2 ports. I have been able to create some simple flowcharts and by converting to BASIC, determine the following -

Outputs 0-7 in Logicator = B0-7
Inputs 0-7 in Logicator = D0-7
Outputs 8-15 in Logicator = C0-7

Other Logicator functions that I will use are not as easy to decipher and I'm unclear what pins or ports they will use.

ADC channels 0-3 in Logicator = A0-3?
LCD pins 0-7 in Logicator = ?
SerOut pins 0-7 in Logicator = ?
SerIn pins 0-7 in Logicator = ?

In fact many Logicator functions allow you to select any pin between 0-7 but give no clue to where the pin is physically - or am I missing something?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

TerryRy

Thanks nickab12

Did I miss something or is this all spelt out in the manual somewhere?

I can now see that ReadADC has a channel parameter which is clearly shown on the 40X2 pinout. But the 40X2 has what I thought were specific SerIn and SerOut pins - C.7 and C.6. How does this work?

I have attached a simple flow sheet with each of the commands and a copy of the BASIC file (which I have commented) that results from this flow sheet. This seems to indicate that SerIn will be on D.2 for the example.

Note also that the LCD and SerOut commands in the bas file do not have a port designator (A thru D) - just a number. How will this work?

Sorry to be so pedantic about this but I need to know if I can fit all my I/O into the 40X2 and have it all work before I layout a PCB.

Attachments

nick12ab

I can now see that ReadADC has a channel parameter which is clearly shown on the 40X2 pinout. But the 40X2 has what I thought were specific SerIn and SerOut pins - C.7 and C.6. How does this work?
Those are hardware serial pins. They don't mean that you can only use those pins or that the serout and serin commands work better on those pins. They only matter for the hsersetup, hserin and hserout commands and whilst you're using Logicator, you don't really need to know about them.