Pictures with MP3

erdc

I am looking for a Picaxe solution where I can show a picture (around 400 x 800 pixels or better), on some sort of display (such as a digital picture frame), that would also play an MP3 file simultaneously. I.E., One MP3 file that would play for each picture that is shown. It would then cycle to the next.

The problem with a digital picture frame, it only can show a limited amount of pictures from a plug in memory card. I would like to use the thumb drive unit that is Pixcae hackable to store large amounts of pictures, and sound files.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
I'm not sure how you're going to do that. The PICAXE cannot play MP3's itself nor can it drive a digital picture frame directly. You can control a VMUSIC2 to play MP3's and pull bit maps from a USB Drive to pass to the picture frame but at 400x800 and using 9600 baud that could take a while to say least. And this all assumes you can find a digital picture frame to control in some way.

My solution would be a cheap laptop and some hardware surgery. Or a standard PC or motherboard and a cheap LCD display. You can write a program in VB to play MP3's and display images and you'll only be limited by the size of the hard disk.