Picaxe20m2 with Sim900A gsm module

RobertTemu

Hi there,
I want to make a remote gsm on/off switch using picaxe29m2 and sim900a gsm module. However i have tried several AT commands withouth success. Sim900A gsm module Rx is connected to C.7 Picaxe pin and Tx is connected to C.6 Picaxe pin. One LED light is connected to pin B.7. I want the picaxe20m2 to switch ON the LED when it receives an SMS written "1" and to turn OFF the LED when the sms received written "0". Kindly help me

lbenson

Have you first gotten the sim900a to respond when connecting it to serial or usb/serial on your PC and issuing the AT commands from a terminal program (e.g., puTTY) on the PC? I would do this to make sure that you have the baud rate right, and the syntax for the commands.

RobertTemu

Have you first gotten the sim900a to respond when connecting it to serial or usb/serial on your PC and issuing the AT commands from a terminal program (e.g., puTTY) on the PC? I would do this to make sure that you have the baud rate right, and the syntax for the commands.
Thanks Ibenson for your time in looking
Hi Ibenson,
Initially I managed to make a phone call using the picaxe and gsm module at 9600 baudrate and the picaxe set to 8MHz. So the gsm is currently operating at 9600baudrate. I just want to be able to send an sms from another to the sim900a and inturn the picaxe will switch the LED ON when I send 1 via the sms and turn off the LED when I send 0. I have tried multiple AT commands with no success.

lbenson

I would still try to receive on your PC through a terminal what you are trying to get the picaxe to receive, just to make sure that all the commands are what you expect them to be.