PICAXE VSM Updates now online

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
The PICAXE VSM software has been updated and the new downloads are now available to download at
www.picaxe.com/vsm

Please see the 'updates' FAQ at the bottom of the www.picaxe.com/vsm page for details about upgrading (if required).

The X2 models are already included and the M2 models are in final internal testing and hence will be available as a small upgrade patch in a few days time.
We know these new models have been a very long time coming and we thank our VSM customers for their patience.

The X2 and M2 models are currently a 'beta' release, but should work well for the vast majority of user projects. If you do come across any simulation issues please let us know, the best way is by email to support AT picaxe.com with an attached copy of both your .dsn ISIS design and .bas BASIC program. During the final beta testing period we aim to update the models patch weekly (if required).

This is great news for all those of us who have been waiting for so long for this update
BUT
on the 26/10/2010 the below quote was posted, implying that ALL existing users would get this update free.
Sadly this does not seem to be the case,
The update will not install when i try because my update subscription is out of date. !
Could someone please explain what the below quote really meant!
Thanks

Because the X2 release is overdue, the X2 model (when released) will be available to all users even if your update subscription has expired.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Please see the Update FAQ at www.picaxe.com/vsm - you may install version 2 with the X2 updates if your subscription was valid on 1 June 2009. This is because eligibility to models is based on the release date of the real life chip, not the VSM model. So if your subscription has now expired, but was not expired in June 2009, you can still install the X2 update (version 2). To install version 4 (M2 release) you need an update date of November 2011.

Dagon

I'm not familiar with ISIS so just out of curiosity why has the ISIS core been 'upgraded' from 7.8 to 7.1? Different code branch?

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
I'm not familiar with ISIS so just out of curiosity why has the ISIS core been 'upgraded' from 7.8 to 7.1? Different code branch?
ISIS is the simulator core provided by Labcenter - that is their naming normal convention, it's a later version, 7.8 to 7.10 - seven.eight to seven.ten
However we have now clarified it as 7.08 to 7.10