Picaxe samples

joseflor

Hi,
Where can I get Picaxe samples? I want to try it before I go further with the Picaxe.
Thank you
José Flor

ylp88

I don't think Rev. Ed. provides samples to people or businesses, after all, they are so cheap as it is and there isn't hundreds of similar products to differentiate between. If there is a special reason though, then perhaps you should contact them directly to discuss options.

ylp88

joseflor

I don't think Rev. Ed. provides samples to people or businesses, after all, they are so cheap as it is and there isn't hundreds of similar products to differentiate between. If there is a special reason though, then perhaps you should contact them directly to discuss options.

ylp88
Ok.
I got same PIC samples and I built a burner, it is good but it's very difficult thing to program.
Thank
José Flor

ylp88

Ok.
I got same PIC samples and I built a burner, it is good but it's very difficult thing to program.
Thank
José Flor
Well, that's the great thing about PICAXE - you don't need any sophisticated or expensive hardware (eg. programmers) to get it all up and running! Is there a reason you were looking for samples? Are you finding it difficult to source PICAXE parts?

ylp88

joseflor

Well, that's the great thing about PICAXE - you don't need any sophisticated or expensive hardware (eg. programmers) to get it all up and running! Is there a reason you were looking for samples? Are you finding it difficult to source PICAXE parts?

ylp88
Yes, I have difficulty to get them. I can’t order from the internet because I don’t have a credit card.
Can I built a Picaxe burner or is that a must buy one? If I can build one I accept schematics.
Tks
José Flor

Last edited:

womai

Yes, you need to buy the Picaxe chips, you cannot simply burn on the bootloader/Basic interpreter. Rev-Ed its revenue from that, so the bootloader/Basic interpreter is not publicly available. That said, the Picaxes are only marginally more expensive than the Pic microcontrollers they are based on, so unless you use a large number of them, that's probably cheaper than building or buying a Pic programmer anyway (and less work, too).

I don't think a credit card is mandatory to order Picaxes. Where are you located? At least one of the distributors also accepts Paypal (www.paypal.com) as payment, probably several others, too:

http://www.world-educational-services.com/

You can fund your Paypal account in a variety of ways, including checks and direct bank transfer.

Wolfgang

moxhamj

You don't need a burner. I built a picaxe from scratch in 1 hour just to prove it can be done http://www.uchobby.com/index.php/2007/08/27/1-hour-15-hobby-microcontroller-how-to/ Total cost $15 of which $5 was for the picaxe chip.

So at this price it is hardly worth trying to get samples. If you are going to buy one, get a few as the shipping cost with one chip might be more than the chip.

I'm sure any electronics company would accept a check - they probably wouldn't ship till the funds cleared but that might only add a few days. Paypal is the modern way of doing business as it is secure for both parties.

sedeap

PPE Simulator (Simulador y programador)

Don't need buy anything to see how it's work
Download the Picaxe Programming Editor (with simulator) and you can test all functions directly from your PC
It's FREE --> [PPE] ;)
To Buy --> [Worldwide Distributors]
English Manual --> [Full Pdf]
Manual Español--> [Incompleto] Una parte aun esta en ingles...

El PPE lo puedes instalar en español también --> [PPE]
Y aqui el instructivo de instalación --> [Instalacion]
En latinoamérica puedes encontrar vendedores --> [Distribuidores]

:0)

Last edited:

BrendanP

I would think most US based suppliers would accept Western Union postal money orders which are availiable all around the world.