Picaxe pcb

Bozambo

Hi

Ijust completed my first PICAXE project and it is working fine. Iwant to say thaks for all those who assisted along the way.However I need help with one Item. Ihave been working with the YENKA SIMULATOR all along but it is not fully compatable with Picaxe 08M2 parts to make the related PCB. I tried using VSM SIMULATOR but that will take me a long while to get the hang of it and I need to wrap up this project in a hurry. My circuit is attached below if any one can help with a PCB PRINTOUT of the circuit it would be greatly appriciated. The circuit consist of LED INDICATOR on Pin 1 and an iso-coupler being used as a switching device connected to Pin 0.
Bo

Attachments

Grogster

The circuit is so simple, do you really NEED a PCB for it?
You could build it up on veroboard/stripboard in about half an hour, or you could even whip it up point-to-point(solder the parts directly to the chip legs - not exactly pretty, but it would work.)

I can do you a PCB if you like if you need lots of them - would only take about 10 minutes to design based on the supplied circuit, but you would then have to have it etched. I can supply in Gerber format for most PCB houses, if you want to go that way.

PaulRB

Bozambo, before you commit the design to shipboard or PCB, are you sure you have drawn the circuit correctly? Your 2 buttons that connect to input 3, are they correct? Are they push to make or break? Either way, I don't quite see how it works.

Paul

Bozambo

Hi Grobster

This might be easy for you this circuit is taking me hours upon hours. IN my part of the world it is now 2:18 in the night Ihave not started to sleep as yet . when I said Ihave to get this project completed in a hurry Iwas not joking. Any time Istay away from this it takes more time to get restarted. So Sir I would appriciate any help I can get to expidite this project thaks for your responce. A PCB circuit would do fine.
Bo

Bozambo

Hi Paul

The first switch next to the 5v terminal is to turn the entire circuit on or off. The second switch is a normally closed SWITCH part of a pull down circuit in order to provide a digital input on pin 3 When it opens the picaxe starts running. However Iam open to sugestions. I constructed it on a breadboard and it is working.
Bo

srnet

I could not make sense of the switch arrangement either.

The 100R resistors are a bit low, the max pin current of the PICAXE is probably being exceeded.

And no decoupling capacitor shown.

srnet

The second switch is a normally closed SWITCH part of a pull down circuit in order to provide a digital input on pin 3
If your just sensing a switch press, you dont need an external resistor, see the pullup command in the manual.

PaulRB

Hi Paul

The first switch next to the 5v terminal is to turn the entire circuit on or off. The second switch is a normally closed SWITCH part of a pull down circuit in order to provide a digital input on pin 3 When it opens the picaxe starts running. However Iam open to sugestions. I constructed it on a breadboard and it is working.
Bo
Ah, that makes more sense now. You didn't show the switch output connected to v+ on the picaxe, which made me assume it was permanently wired.

If you are in a hurry, absolutely go for stripboard for this circuit. Quick, easy, cheap.

Grogster

If you are in a hurry, absolutely go for stripboard for this circuit. Quick, easy, cheap.
I have to agree.
PCB is nice, but you will have to have the file sent to a PCB house.
The turn-around time for PCB manufacture is normally at least one week + postage time, so can easily be two weeks before you get your board(s) back - SERIOUSLY consider veroboard/stripboard construction...

Are you aware of the PEBBLE design tool?
You can find it here by doing a search.
It can also be used to plan your veroboard/stripboard layout.

manuka

This is just the sort of 1-off application that suits PICAXE (& PEBBLE) friendly KPB (Kiwi Patch Board). Simply tame & refine your circuit & layout on a solderless breadboard, & then just lift over the components to the KPB. It's not only highly productive, but the end result is far more professional than school boy level Vero/strip board. Full PCBs are better suited to volume runs IMNSHO... Stan.

Bozambo

Thak you very much gentlemen for your recommendations. They are greatly appriciated especially that part about thePebble simulation, never heard of it.. Iam going to give them a try right now. Thanks again.
Bo