Picaxe Net Demo Board (Part NET006)

Fantasmicxxx

In the digital Input (Push Switch)in the pin 3 the PNS only show when this switch is On or OFF, How can I use this switch like a counter? I mean I need to count the quantity of times the switch is pushed
Thank you for your help

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
The PNS cannot count directly. You need to use a PICAXE chip to count (using the count command) and connect that to the PNS, which can then host the count value.

Fantasmicxxx

Thank you for your response, but how can host the count from an external picaxe (I can resolve the count) but I do not know how hosting this counter in to the PNS and then show it the count in the embebbed web page?

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
You need to use the 'shared' memory space.

Basically you take the value in the PICAXE memory (e.g. in B0) and write it to the shared memory space (e.g. to byte 50) (actually done by writing via i2c). There is an example on how to do this in the NET001 manual (page 14-17, program on 17)

Then in your CGI web page you use ?50 as the address of the value you want to display. The PNS will then read this value from the shared memory space and show it on the web page.