Picaxe in Snoopy's Robot Boat - Micromite suppliers

Robin Lovelock

Hi Guys. Yes, I am still using the Picaxe 28X2 in Snoopy's Robot boats and have not needed to change the software in years.
Details are on my "Snoopy" page www.gpss.co.uk/autop.htm - enjoy ! :)

BUT, my reason for visiting this forum after many years is that I hope the Picaxe supplier ( sorry but I forget names ... Hippy ??? )
will consider supply of the Micromite that has been a background activity since it was suggested to me on this forum.
On 11 February 2017 - amazing how that posting appeared when I visited this forum just now, after years ! :)

HERE is the important "Micromite" page which should be self-explanatory, even if the humour is confusing ...
www.gpss.co.uk/micromit.htm :)

It is probably best to start with a glance at my "Home" page www.gpss.co.uk - yes, born in 1947, Defence Systems, etc :)

Mod - Deleted personal information and phone numbers - Please see site linked for contact details

Last edited by a moderator:

PhilHornby

If you're enquiring whether or not Revolution Education would consider stocking the Micromite, you can find their contact details here. (Though there already is a UK stockist).

In the meantime, I strongly urge you to remove your personal details - this forum is accessible to the world.

Last time I posted a (temporary, throw-away) email address in here, it was used by a Spammer within days...

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Rev-Ed manufacture, produce and support PICAXE chips so it is unlikely we will become a stockist for alternative controllers as that doesn't really make good business sense, would dilute our own market.

Robin Lovelock

Sorry for this very late reply guys: I've been very busy, and made mistakes in remberin my password.

However, luckily I kept an email copy of my long reply to Phil and Hippy. Here we go ....

Thanks Phil. Sorry but I've been unable to log in to the forum. Please post this whole message for me. Night Night ! :)
Robin
www.gpss.co.uk

Hi Guys. Sorry for this late reply: yet another very busy day.

First security and my contact details: please leave all that material below untouched.
My contact details such as these have been unchanged and public on the Net since about 1995.
If you visit my front page www.gpss.co.uk you will see that I was in Defence Systems since 1965,
including working closely with the Yanks during the period 1971 to 1980 as a Senior NATO Scientist.

Spam and Scams cost very little of my time, and serves to check my systems, and those of my friends.
Sometimes they can be a great source of amusement. There are links, but for that I suggest you start another thread like "Security" or whatever.

One good reason for including all my contact details is that anyone can contact me direct, and not have to rely on a Forum.
This has been particularly true in recent years when so many "social media" and Forums want their users to communicate only through them.
e.g. Facebook and many others. This is one of the issues touch on in my "Grumpy" page www.gpss.co.uk/grumpy.htm

Now "what makes business sense" .... Good to see the email addresses being used, and particularly Hippy - some years ago we chatted "in depth" - business wise -)

Sorry about the "self-promotion" but from 1981 to 1994 I was employed as a Senior Manager at EASAMS ( www.gpss.co.uk/easams.htm )
Admitedly the contracts were much larger: typically 100 K to 1 M GBP (EAMACS), 100M GBP (ADCIS), 1 B GBP (Malaysia), 14 BN (Saudi Arabia)
Then my own GPS Software business 1992 - now - but the wife says 2012 ;-)
See my public contacts, including business, in 153 countries - the "LINKS" pages on www.gpss.co.uk/gpsslink.htm
Sometimes the most important guys are at the bottom of an organisation, or a very small business.
My experience is that most small businesses pretend, publicly, that they are bigger than they are.
It's not unusual for the owners of businesses to have several businesses, with different web sites, and often a "day job" that brings in the cash ;-)
The principles of business are the same the World over - "business is business" ;-)

Lots of words, but I thought Revolution Education have an opportunity - or maybe others on this forum will pass to the right guys - in ANY country.

Please don't forget, that I am looking for companies for whom it will make "business sense" to build fully tested boards,
and have the confidence to sell via platforms such as ebay. But I've no compaints with past Picaxe purchases :)

To stay on topic: www.gpss.co.uk/micromit.htm
Thanks again :)
--
Stay Safe
Robin

p.s. at 2205 UK. So far tonight I've been unable to log in - probably my mistakes with password saving etc. Hopefully Phil does it for me :)

Mod - Links and contact details removed

Last edited by a moderator: