Picaxe font problem??, Win10

The bear

Hello Everyone,
I have just opened the Picaxe files (Mine) and the fonts ?? are corrupted, see attached file.

Not only that, but if I do any typing, like adding to a program, or doing a new program, its corrupted.
I have restored the PC to an earlier date, same result.
Any help would be appreciatedPicaxe font problem.jpg

Using PE 6 vers. 6.0.8.8

Regards, Bear..

Buzby

This key sequence is used to turn on/off the display of 'whitespace', i.e all the characters you can't see, such as spaces, tabs, and carriage returns.

Very useful when you are struggling to find syntax errors due to extra spaces after the '_' at the end of extended lines.

The bear

@Buzby,
All my programs open like the one in my attachment now. (#1)
Is there a permanent cure?

Buzby

I'm not sure, I've never seen it happen like that.

There is probably a .ini or .xml type file associated with PE that holds startup settings.

I think we need Technical to advise.

Cheers,

Buzby

Buzby

I'm not at my PC now, but I think the same key strokes do the same function in MS Word. PE is now so closely bound to Windows that it might be Word that holds the startup, or some other MS product.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Turn off the setting in File > Options > Editor > Whitespace > Display Whitespace

Hemi345

Bear,

click on the wrench icon (options) in the Workspace explorer (or click on the File tab at the top and go down to Options). Within the Editor section, scroll down till you see "Whitespace" and see if the "Display Whitespace" checkbox is checked. If it is, uncheck it. Hopefully that'll fix it for you.

The bear

@Technical & Hemi345,
Thank you for your assistance, you both solved the problem, within a minute of each other.

Regards, Bear..

Buzby

I just said 'OK Google, where are picaxe settings stored ?', and the answer seems to be 'in a .wsp file'.

So it looks like you can save editor settings, like displaying whitespace, on a project by project basis.

( Disclaimer : Other voice activated know all apps are also available. )