PICAXE Based G-Meter

Fowkc

http://www.fowkc.com/gliding/gmeter.shtml

Still very much a work in progress, but the initial work shows that the PICAXE is perfect for this kind of project. I'm hoping that with an X1 or X2 part I can really make a high quality instrument with tons of features. Updates will follow as work progresses.

BCJKiwi

Very interested in this project.
As mentioned (in the Juggling thread) I have a (commercial) auto accelerometer/timer/logger but am working on a PICAXE version with improvements as it is missing a couple of features that I want.
So I'm looking to include the accelerometers. Would you give me any further info on the datalogging/Excel analysis aspects of your project please.

I notice you finally weighed into the juggling thread. Is the accelerometer you have, 1, 2 or 3 axis?

Perhaps you could backup the input I gave from my unit by tossing yours into the air emulating a juggling action and report the results as the info I provided seems to have fallen onto many deaf ears.

Thanks

Last edited:

Fowkc

I've got a two-axis accelerometer (http://www.dimensionengineering.com/DE-ACCM5G.htm). To be honest, the datalogging thing was done some time ago, but I've dug up the code:

Code:
'Wait for "ready to drop"
main:
	if pin1 = 1 then main

'Signal ready and start datalogging in 1sec
high 0
pause 1000

'Log 255 datapoints
for b0 = 0 to 255
        'Read value and write to EEPROM
	readadc 0, b2
	write b0, b2
	pause 10
next

'Signal logging finished
low 0

'Wait for "Send data" button press
debugloop:
	if pin1 = 0 then debugloop

'Signal sending to PC
low 2

'Cycle through and SERTXD
for b0 = 0 to 255
	read b0, b1
	sertxd(#b1, cr, lf)
next

goto main
This output was copied to a text file, and then converted to actual G reading based on the conversion values given in the accelerometer datasheet.

I will try juggling with the unit when I have built it again, as that breadboard has since been dismantled.