PICAXE based DCC ACCESSORY CONTROLLER for model railways using NCE DCC control system

westaust55

I know that there are a number of model railway enthusiasts on the PICAXE forum.

For those who do not routinely visit the finished Projects area, then for those using NCE DCC control systems my latest project here may be of interest.

westaust55

The adhesive stickers that I ordered from VistaPrint for labelling purposes on my PICAXE 20X2 based DCC Accessory Controller project case arrived today.
Looking good (white text on black background) and almost a week faster than forecast worst case delivery.
The sheet is actually 10 identical business card sized stickers so I get 10 sets on an A4 sized sheet (and 9 spare sets presently).

This is the second time I have used VistaPrint for such a labelling requirement.
They are based in the Netherlands with a few print centres around the world including on in Melbourne Aust.

At around AUD$5 for a sheet is a lot cheaper than AUD $85 for a set of engraved plastic/traffolyte type labels.
Time will tell if they are robust but with 9 spare sets each time I do have a few replacements. :)

I am in no way associated with Vistaprint, but this option for thin printed adhesive labels might be of interest to others for their (indoor?) projects

grim_reaper

My wife and I have been using VistaPrint for years (I'm not associated with them either - other online printing services are available...) - but mainly for business cards and headed paper, etc.
They advertise quite a bit in the UK, so I guess they have a production office in this country. I can vouch for their value and speedy delivery.

I actually had no idea they did such a range of stickers!