Picaxe 40X2 Speed/Programming issues...

ChedderCheeser

Hi guys. I JUST fixed my 40X2 programming thing on the breadboard. I was experimenting with some setfreq things.. So, I set the frequency to k500 and now, I cannot program the chip. I tried to do a few hard resets. I do have another chip if I cant fix this one SOON, but, I would like to know how to get it to program again... I dont have the option to set the programming frequency in the options window of PE... so.. I cant figure out what to do. Also, what is the stock speed of the Picaxe 40X2? m16? THX!

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Persist with the hard reset - Wait until the download pop-up shows "connecting to hardware..." then power back on / release the reset button.

Try another chip anyway, it may be something else has gone wrong, perhaps a bad connection to the breadboard.

ChedderCheeser

Ok... this is weird... I only programmed one chip. Somehow, they both have the same program and problem. WTH??? :D Also, hard-reset usually does work for me... now, no. :/ What is going on here lol...?

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Sounds like you found that secret chip2chip 'program teleportation' feature.

(Or the breadboard circuit is playing up)

clockwork

I have spent the odd half hour or three totally bemused by defective Picaxe's/Wireless Modules/LEDs etc that dont work only to find it was a faulty connection on the breadboard. Now suspect the breadboard first if I am sure it is not my less than perfect programming/electronics/etc skills.

Now I know why i have grey/white hair!

Clockwork
P.S. I was amazed to find that a !8m2 chip and a 433 Mhz receiver module both survived OK after I managed to give them 5v the wrong way round. Must have been my lucky day!