picaxe 28x simulation

lake

hi, i am simulating a program that uses both sets of outputs legs 11-18 portc and 21-28 normal outputs that the picaxe28x offers but i am also using the inputs from leg 11-14 and i need to prees these buttons to test if my programm fullys works but when i simulate it the portc outputs runs over the buttons and you cannot press them i am using th programming editor v5.1.3 do i need to use program lines to make them back into inputs then check to see if the button has been pressed and press it or can you only have them one or the other in one program thanks

lake

yeah i thougt it was what is the code ive tried the code from the manual but it says that it is not supported in this mode. thanks for your help

MORA99

You can use let dirs I think, you are using the extended editor/compiler in options right ?

Not sure how to set one pin as input only, like you can with output

lake

i want the legs 11-14 to be inputs in part of the code then goto outputs (which it does auto when they are turned on)

ive just tryied it on extended compiler and when i simulate it ,it says its not supported in this mode then tells me how to turn it back to standard mode

i will just try it using dirc now

lake

yes i tried it as the dirsc set them all to 0 and they came back on as inputs thanks for you help ^^