Picaxe 18x - CHI035 Servo Control Problem

-Gary

I recently bought the CHI035 Hi-Power board with a Picaxe 18X chip to build my robot. Motor outputs work fine (Out 4 thru 7) with the L293D chip. I see the Out 0-3 are FET controlled. Don't believe I can use them with a servo. Is there a way to run my servo with this board?

Thanks.

russbow

Think I would un-solder the FETs and put them in the sparesbox. Pick up the pacaxe output pins now released with a 330 ohm series resistor to the servo input.

Wrenow

Hmmm. Don't have the board, but, from the schematic, it appears outputs 1,2, and 3 (legs 7,8,9) are not attached to the FET's but could be routed to the 1, 2, and 3 terminals (include a 330R resistor as the jumper?).

-Gary

Thanks Russbow.
I tried a jumper from the 18x pin 6 (OUT 0) thru a 330 ohm resistor to the servo signal wire and everything worked fine. Thanks for your help!
-Gary

-Gary

Wrenow,
I think the datasheet should read FET & Diode repeated for Outputs 0-3 as there are 4 FET's and I got the same servo response (servo rotated to end and "stuttered") from them all.
Thanks for your help!

-Gary

westaust55

Wrenow,
I think the datasheet should read FET & Diode repeated for Outputs 0-3 as there are 4 FET's and I got the same servo response (servo rotated to end and "stuttered") from them all.
Thanks for your help!

-Gary
@Gary

No, the CHI035 schematic and the note on the schematic are already correct.
It shows the circuit with FET and Diode for output 0 and then has the note to say it is repeated for outputs 1 to 3.

Attachments

Wrenow

Oops, so it does. Guess it would make sense to read the whole schematic, with notes, instead of just noting which pins appear to be used. Sorry 'bout that.

Glad you found the solution from Russbow to work, Gary.

Cheers,

Wreno