Picaxe 18M with servos

I have been trying, whthout success, to get a Picaxe 18M high power to control servos. I also tried the non-high power 18M nd that also would not control a servos. Strangely I also tried an 08M2 and that controlled the servo without any problems.
I am now considering modifying one of the I/O ports (e.g B0) on the 18M high power, but would need advice.

Has anybody else successfully managed to get ab 18M high power to operate a servo?

AllyCat

Hi,

By high power (board?) do you mean a PCB with an extra "driver" chip? Those chips are usually "Open Collector" (and inverting) so you probably need to remove the chip and put a link (or links) between its relevant input and output pins. If that seems to be the problem we can probably help if given a few more details of the PCB and/or Chip numbers.

Cheers, Alan.

Reactions: hex

hex

I agree 100% with AllyCat.

If you are using board CHI035 then there is no easy access to PICAXE output pins.

If you are using board CHI035A, then there is an option to fit 2.54 header pins directly to PICAXE output pins. Choose an output pin for servo control and wire 0 Volts and +5V to 3-pin servo.

Maybe you are using some other "18M high power" board. More information needed

non-high power board sounds more promising, but please tell us exactly which board(s) you have

Last edited: