Phone Call

Bozambo

Hi
I just came across this program for making an auto call using a land line and a PIC. Could I have a translation of it into a logicator flow chart progam to be used with Picaxe 08M2 or withT4 Training Board Picaxe 18x ( If not possible then my next option wiuld be in Basic ). Also could this setup be used with a mobile phone. Any help in this regard wiuld be greatly appriciated.

Difficulty uploading website hope the address would work. If not I will again

http://www.bowdenshobbycircuits.info/autocall.htm
Bo

nick12ab

It looks like it would be a simple conversion. You will need use of the pulsout command and maybe pwmout too. I wouldn't do it in Logicator.

Make sure that they still use pulse dialing where you live and be aware that pulse dialing won't work with automated systems.

Bozambo

Ido appriciate your responce. But two things for the present can a program such a this work with a mobile phone. Secondly Iread some where that the number of programming lines is limited to fourty lines per program for the Picaxe. Also I am not proficient in using Basic programming, however seeing that the programm calls repeating a particular sequence for a number could I have a sample of the coding for a number employing the pulseout command as sugested.
Bo

bluejets

Just be aware that if you connect anything into a landline system that causes damage to their equipment, they will be after you for the damages cost.

MPep

But two things for the present can a program such a this work with a mobile phone. Secondly Iread some where that the number of programming lines is limited to fourty lines per program for the Picaxe.
No. Mobile phones generally use DTMF, not Pulse Encoding.
Also, 40 lines of code was on the smallest of PICAXEs. Curent generation PICAXEs have a much larger memroy for code space.

To use a cellphone (mobile telephone), you can control these using AT commands. BUT not all! Do a search. :)

premelec

I saw a hack a few months ago where someone just designated the key most easily tapped into on a cell phone to be a speed dial special key and then had an alarm actuate that key to dial out...