Pentagon RF Remote

saunj

This controller is built around the Spark Fun 434 Mhz transmitter module WRL-10534 and six large buttons of different colors. These buttons are distinguishable and attractive. Since they have double-throw switches, the circuit does not need isolating diodes.
By using codes provided by pressing simultaneously two adjacent buttons all of the receivers I have made can be controlled. This determined the pentagon shape since this gives ten such codes, in additional to the six single-press codes.
For full details see:Pentagon.JPG
http://www.projects.worsleyassociates.com/RF_Projects/Devices.html

westaust55

From John's website:
By using codes provided by pressing simultaneously two adjacent buttons all of the receivers I have made can be controlled. This determined the pentagon shape since this gives ten such codes, in additional to the six single-press codes.

That to me suggests a central transmitter to send a code to 1 of 10 receiver station to initiate some action at the receiving end.

John’s practice has been to post the details on his “worsley associates” website. He also posts the PICAXE program listing in an image format that cannot be cut and paste or downloaded as a .bas file by others – needing readers to hand type anything found to be useful.

I have commented before upon Johns approach, and ultimately he is entitled to do as he wishes, but the presentation approach is not the most conducive to other to follow in his footsteps without great effort.

First thing you have to say why you make it this pentagon Rf remote? which application based you have to go use?you told like that any controlled you using any micro controller for here? say clearly
Do you have a specific reason to know exactly what John’s project is used for?
If so, then raise a specific question.

Last edited:

BeanieBots

I would just like to say what wonderful woodwork skills.
So refreshing to see as much effort go into the box/housing as the guts.
I've done a few dovetails myself and can appreciate what has been done. Especially those at anything other than 90 degrees.
Nicely presented code and circuits too.
Well done!

Out of curiosity, where did you get the large coloured buttons and the coloured CFL lamps?

saunj

My Apologies

From John's website:

That to me suggests a central transmitter to send a code to 1 of 10 receiver station to initiate some action at the receiving end.

John’s practice has been to post the details on his “worsley associates” website. He also posts the PICAXE program listing in an image format that cannot be cut and paste or downloaded as a .bas file by others – needing readers to hand type anything found to be useful.

I have commented before upon Johns approach, and ultimately he is entitled to do as he wishes, but the presentation approach is not the most conducive to other to follow in his footsteps without great effort.

Do you have a specific reason to know exactly what John’s project is used for?
If so, then raise a specific question.
I appreciate your complaint, which is quite justified from the viewpoint of the Picaxe forum. My website is not just for the Picaxe forum however. Not all my projects are Picaxe - I also do Ardurino (I am a retired C++ Software Engineer at BAE Systems).
My reason for using JPGs for code is to preserve the color. Since Rev-Ed only saves as bas, the only way I can post with color is to actually print on paper, and scan the printout. I could insert html in B&W using Word to create html preserving the indentation and line ends, but I don't want to.
In future when I post I will include the downloadable bas file, as I have today on my Strange 18M2 malfunction reply.

saunj

I would just like to say what wonderful woodwork skills.
So refreshing to see as much effort go into the box/housing as the guts.
I've done a few dovetails myself and can appreciate what has been done. Especially those at anything other than 90 degrees.
Nicely presented code and circuits too.
Well done!

Out of curiosity, where did you get the large coloured buttons and the coloured CFL lamps?
Thank you. The project was shaped because the buttons were available in 6 colors, online from SparkFun.
They are good buttons with SPDT microswitches, which simplifies the circuit.
The colored CCFL were bought from Fry's electronics store, but more recently they were not there.