PE6 (Diagnostic?) Dialogue Boxes during startup

Jack Burns

While loading PE6.1.0.0 today the following dialogue boxes appeared on screen. I have been using this version for many years and have seen this once before, but didn’t capture the dialogue boxes on that occasion.

Has anyone seen these before or know what caused them to appear, as I haven't made any configuration changes?

By the way, this is on a Windows 7 PC.

This is how it happened:
When starting PE6 from my desktop, there are 4 dialogue boxes shown before the splash screen gets displayed, and one more once the PE6 workspace is fully loaded.

After clicking OK on the “Loading Parent Form” dialogue box, the splash screen is displayed as normal.

Once the splash screen goes off the Editor workspace is loaded up with the “Loading Child Forms” dialogue box displayed over the top.

After clicking OK, PE6 is ready to use as normal.

If PE6 is then closed and restarted, it will start normally (without the dialogue boxes).

Regards
Jack

AllyCat

Hi,
By the way, this is on a Windows 7 PC.
This may be one for @Technical, but as it's an old(er) PC, could the Real Time Clock Battery Backup (typically a CR2532 coin cell) have failed? In the past, I've had a PC "misbehave" when it boots from cold, if it finds files dated newer than it expects, or perhaps with an old BIOS setup.

Cheers, Alan.

Jack Burns

Alan,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I checked the battery and it measured 2.94 Volts, so not particularly low, however I replaced it as it’s probably been in the computer for at least a year.

Regards
Jack