PE Update

pixelsaurus

This morning I downloaded the update file for v5.3.2 to v5.3.3. However Vista informs me that the zip file is invalid and will not open, let alone unzip, it. I don't want to do the full 5.3.3 download as I'm on wireless and reception is sporadic, and I have a data cap. Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

eclectic

This morning I downloaded the update file for v5.3.2 to v5.3.3. However Vista informs me that the zip file is invalid and will not open, let alone unzip, it. I don't want to do the full 5.3.3 download as I'm on wireless and reception is sporadic, and I have a data cap. Any suggestions will be gratefully received.
Can't help with Vista, but
I'm on XP.
I downloaded c. 15 minutes ago.

Unzipped the files OK.
Copied then pasted
progedit
revision

to the Programming Editor directory.
All seems OK.

Perhaps try another download?

e

NXTreme

This is usually from the file getting corrupted while being downloaded. It happens, and the chance of it happening is bigger while using WiFi, especially if reception is "sporadic" as you say. You might be able to convince a friend with better internet to download it and copy it to a flash drive for you, if you don't want to download it again.

pixelsaurus

Thanks guys for your input. I did attempt to download the file 2x and had the same result. Finally I ditched IE8 and used Firefox. All good now.