PCB that I made for Projects

Marcwolf

Hi Folks
I though I'd put up some PCB that I made for a couple of projects. As I have mentioned before I do animatronics as a hobby so the projects are for this

The first board is for an animatronic tail. It uses an 08M. I recently found some FLEX sensors that will measure bending. I have incorprated these into elastic sleeves that slide over the user's knees. This way I can measure how much the user has bent their knees and thus work out how fast they are walking. I can then control the tail to 'wag' at that rate giving a natural gait.
The 08M uses 2 ADC to work that out and by subtracting the values I know which direction to swing the tail
The 08M also controls two heavy duty servo's giving lift/drop and left/right capability. Like the previous circut I am using an interrupt/serial command structure so I cn have additiona; emotions. Thes are Happy (tail lift), Sad (tail drop between legs), Slow wag, Fast wag, and Auto (using Flex sensors). Plus any other variants I wish to program.

The second is for a 18X eye light controller. My main suit has sunglasses lenses for eyes, and I use a LED behind the glass to simulate a pupil. This used to flash at a regular rate using a 555 timer. This version can controll 3 LED's for each eye (using fibre optic to get the light to the lens) plus using PWM to vary the brignhess. The two chips are a 18X and a ULN2003.
The 18X will be controlled using a serial connection with a HIGH pulse to cause an interupt followed by the command.

Hope you find this interestng

Marc

Attachments

Last edited:

westaust55

Hi Marcwolf,

While viewing the photos alone does not show much of a "tale" :)
the description of your project is certainly very interesting.

AN interesting hobby it would seem.

Purely out of interest, any chance of some more details such as
photos of a completed project, schematic, or code?

Marcwolf

Hi Westaust
I've love to put up more pictures but I am limited to 2 per topic

But I am trying to update a website with all of these on it.. but given the choice of maintaining thw website of using what little spare time I have on projects - the website will have to wait

Take Care

marc

Dippy

You can use www.tinypic.com to post pictures.

But PLEASE be nice to us and keep an eye on your picture sizes, some people post enoromous ones and that is a pain in the arm. i.e. Keep them small and sharp.

Currently tinypic, unlike some others, doesn't splatter people's PCs with Popups and other annoying carp.