pause in microseconds

hey there
before i start i like the new forum, it looks much more neater than it did last time i visited the forums and is way more organised.

now to the problem...
i'm trying to quickly (in a few milliseconds) communicate between a few picaxe ics accurately by sending data like "100" or "123" in a similar way to i2c so that i can control many slave ics using just one pin on a master ic. i thought of using high for in microseconds and then reading this pulse in microseconds so that there will be rapid communication but the pause command can only be used in milliseconds. is there any bit of code that will let me pause in microseconds so that i can communicate like this? pwm can pause for very small amounts of time so it must be possible. right now i only need one-way communication and if i know how to do it one way i can probably get two way communication.

ak

womai

To send a short pulse use the pulsout command. If you just need to wait, then use it as well, simply do it on a dummy pin that is not used otherwise.

The new 28X1 and 40X1 Picaxes have a command (forgot the name, something like pauseus) that has microsecond resolution instead of milliseconds.

For both (pulsout and the new pause command), resolution is 10us at 4 MHz clock speed, but accordingly less when you overclock (e.g. 2.5us at 16 MHz).

Wolfgang