OSC001 - PCB Scope - software

grim_reaper

I just bought the PCB scope because I was sick of guessing what fluctuating voltages were doing with my DMM! It's a nice little PCB, seems to work well and did everything I need. However, I have a couple of questions about the software.

The software linked to on the Rev. Ed. description page is for version 1.0.4. I visited the web site that Wolfgang hosts for the product (www.dpscope.com) and the current version available for download is version 1.0.10. The (seemingly) later version is definitely produced in VB6 and as such is a pain to install and run, because Windows 10 keeps saying it's 'not an installed app'. The earlier version from the Rev. Ed. site has an installer/wrapper for the program which makes it look like it's a more modern version, but I'm not sure it is!

I've experienced a lot of hanging (usually after constant usage of 30 minutes or more) and I've only be using it for a day. So the question is, is v1.0.10 better than the 'official' v1.0.4 version??? Should I be manually hacking in the higher version VB6 exe to get it run properly??

Thanks in advance for any information or experience anyone can offer.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
You can always manually update - use the 1.0.4 installer to do the main install. Download wolfgang's 1.0.10 zip file, double click on the .cab file in the zip to view inside it and then pull out the dpscopesc.exe file and copy it over the same named file in the 1.0.4 install folder. That is the only file that needs updating.

grim_reaper

Yes, thanks Technical, that's what I've done. Seems to be running a lot better - give me another half hour just to prove it!

Being a software engineer, I just don't like using new version without knowing what's been changed!