Non HID-compliant mouse

Jamster

I completed this project a while back but didn't get round to posting it. These pieces of software are designed to 'force' the cursor to move and click as they receive serial commands from a PICAXE or other micro-controller.

I have created the joystick controlled mouse and, despite being hard to use, is very impressive. It is based around the 08M protoboard and has a small thumb joystick to move the cursor and click. Admittedly the soldering is not my best and I managed to render the pin3 rail 'unconnectable' in the process.

In the PDF there are examples on how to use all the software (joystick based, touchscreen based and advanced) although not all is tested and there is explanations on the communications to the PC should you want to write your own software.

EDIT: The software is now in a .zip file thus you no longer have to rename it from .dsn as the pdf instructs

Note: the default com port is COM 1 and is currently unchangeable, should you need it on a different COM port PM me.

Jamster

Attachments

Last edited:

ajcgkm

Many thanks for that, lets hope I can make some sense of it and put it to use. :D BBC Basic crickey I got a bbc computer in the cupboard upstairs that takes me back a bit.

Last edited:

Jamster

Yeah at the time of writing I wasn't particulally fluent in any other language so I was stuck with BBC Basic :) Most you can look up in the Help docs, they're very helpfull (Ironiclly:confused:). If you get stuck dont hesitate to ask though :)

ajcgkm

Im up to my neck in programming languages. Switching between C, C++ now taking a stab at Visual Basic but that BBC took me back Oh those were the days :). I was going to use a ds lite touch screen to control the mouse but decided to use it as input on a darts scoring program that I just finished. So am going to try using two SR04 distance sensors instead. Don't you just love learning :D appreciate the offer for help and if I get stuck will certainly ask. :D