Nice meccano day out'

ernest

Hello all.
I use Picaxe with my Meccano hobby.
The Henley Society of Meccano Engineers ,have their annual, Henley gathering.
Henley on Thames Oxfordshire UK
Saturday 30 August 2014, 9:00am – 5:00pm
Venue
The Christ Church Centre
46 Reading Road
Henley-on-Thames
Oxfordshire
RG9 1AG

A nice day out .
Google for details.
Ernest

CLUELESS1

A lot of my mechanical bits I use are Meccano bits bought from a good supplier. I would be stuck without them.

john2051

Hi, ernest have you been interested in meccano long? My late father was almost fanatical about it, and wrote several papers and articles. He also did a lot
of work on planetary gearboxes and clocks.
regards john

Pongo

I loved meccano when I was a kid, especially the gear sets. If I wasn't 6,000 miles away I certainly would stop by.

ernest

Hello Electronics and Meccano modelling work really well together, It’s a nice hobby , you actually get to make things move.
Ernest

ernest

Hello pongo , 6000 miles would certainly be a long way to come, nice to have met you on the forum.
Regards Ernest

ernest

Hello john ,yes since a boy and thats a long time ago. Your Fathers name doesn’t ring a bell with me but I will ask around the Meccano club I go to,if anything comes up I will let you know. Regards Ernest

john2051

Hi Ernest, my dads name was bob hauton, he geoff brown and jim gamble were or still are members. My dad passed away eight years ago, but we met geoff brown only a year or so ago. Apologies for going off picaxe temporarily. My dad was however working toward using micro-controller driven motors for clock accuracy.
regards john

ernest

Hello John I am sure your dads enthusiasm and enjoyment of all things meccano, is past on for us all to share. I think it decidedly possible that your farther would have brought along a meccano model to past Henley gatherings , with maybe yourself in-tow. You know what they say ‘we stand on the shoulders of giants’.
Regards Ernest

oracacle

hi guys, seeeing as you all into the meccano thing i dont supose you know the best place to get the stuff from. I have though about getting some for future projects. I may need some metal gears at some point too

ernest

Hi oracacle, The list is endless, so many Meccano traders on line. It just depends how deep your pockets are. I often buy parts to refurbish, not just to save money, I enjoy bring genuine old meccano back in use. There are also excellent special and repro parts. A good place to look is Meccano on ebay.
Regards Ernest