Newby help with picaxe 14m2 to reconfiguring c3 c4 c5 to output pins

david leswell

Hi all. This im first use of a picaxe 14m2 and Logicator V3 5.1

my project is a wind speed metre using a roller ball mouse. (prior to building a 24v 1KW 3 phase wind turbine).

It works fine with a 14m and 6x LEDs, but i needed 8x LED outputs so i have redesigned the PCB for the 14m2.

I can select the 14m2 in the menu, but the pin configuration box is greyed out and unable to secect output pin types.
will i have to use basic code "high portc" and "low portc" as its only to turn on/off an LED.
any help would be great.

many thanks
Dave

eclectic

Welcome to the Forum David.

Now, just my opinion, but
if you're designing a "serious" project,
(a 24v 1KW 3 phase wind turbine)
using a modern Picaxe chip,
then use BASIC

There are many Forum viewers using Logicator.
However, most of the Forum posters
use BASIC.

e

Last edited:

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Yes, use the 'BASIC' flowchart cell containing a command which are written like this for the 14M2 (do not use 'portc')

high C.1
low C.1

david leswell

Many thanks for the help.
My wind turbine is project 2. I need to complete my wind speed meter to find the best location for my wind turbine.

Using BASIC high C.1 low C.1 i can now get the leds working on a test program running on the hardware.
My next problem is i am using a COUNT command in Logicator. with a picaxe14 chip in logicator i could count input pin 0 and it works fine.
With the picaxe 14m2 i am not shure how to count the input as logicator does not seem to support the 14m2 at pressent. I need to count the pulses on pin 2 (c.5) and store in "A"

Your help would be greatly apreciated.
David

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
On the 14M2 portC are the default inputs and portB are default outputs.

C.5 is the download programming pin, it would be much better to use a different pin e.g. C.0, which would just be 'input 0' exactly the same as with 14M.

You could use C.5 at a push, but it is much harder as you need to learn about 'disconnect' and 'hard resets'

The BASIC cell content would be
disconnect
count C.5, desired_time_value, varA

Last edited: