New to PicAxe. Is it possible?

kollinsb

I have a 1-wire network as described in the book "Weather Toys". I would like to log the data to either an EEPROM or MMC. Am I wasting my time or is it possible? I would like for the place where it's stored to be in clear text seperated by commas. (CSV file)

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

:confused:

manuka

How much data storage did you have in mind? How many weather variables? Approx. budget? Any PICAXE experience at all yet? Extra RAM can be readily addressed by I2C capable PICAXEs, but it'll still only be modest. For "Giga" storage maybe consider these nifty serial addressed SD modules => www.4dsystems.com.au/prod.php?id=22 I'm about to give them a workout myself in fact, & am taken with their attention getting LCDs => www.4dsystems.com.au/prod.php?id=9GLCDs

Last edited:

kollinsb

How much data storage did you have in mind? How many weather variables? Approx. budget? Any PICAXE experience at all yet? Extra RAM can be readily addressed by I2C capable PICAXEs, but it'll still only be modest. For "Giga" storage maybe consider these nifty serial addressed SD modules => www.4dsystems.com.au/prod.php?id=22 I'm about to give them a workout myself in fact, & am taken with their attention getting LCDs => www.4dsystems.com.au/prod.php?id=9GLCDs
Right now I have 5 variables but will have a total of 8-10 when complete. I've had it running right at a month and the file is 1.5MB. So, I'd say 16MB of storage is plenty. I'll check those out.

As far as the budget and experience is concerned. Budget is not really important. I just want something that will work and is cheap as possible. My experience with PicAxe=0. Thanks for the quick reply. Any more suggestions will be appreciated...

demonicpicaxeguy

Right now I have 5 variables but will have a total of 8-10 when complete. I've had it running right at a month and the file is 1.5MB. So, I'd say 16MB of storage is plenty. I'll check those out.

As far as the budget and experience is concerned. Budget is not really important. I just want something that will work and is cheap as possible. My experience with PicAxe=0. Thanks for the quick reply. Any more suggestions will be appreciated...
i'd be tempted with a wireless serial link to your pc that way you can log the data for as long as you like and also look at the logs on a daily basis

Last edited: