new project ideas

barneydog

i have built a few rc projects, with some great success :)

i want to build something else, but cant think what

can you give me some ideas...

projects so far are

1) rc switch
2) indicators for rc truck
3) warning beacons with rc switch
4) full lighting system for a rc truck, indicators, headlights (dipped and main), brake lights and reverse...

i want to try something different...

can i have some ideas please :)

geoff07

Here are a few things that I have done, maybe they will inspire you:

- garage door 240v motor controller with safety features and IR beam limit switches to replace old TTL logic
- solar panel water pump controller with remote temp sensors to squeeze a few more therms out of the panel
- doorbell for multiple doors with remote pocket unit for when working in the garden
- replacement electronics for a Heathkit VTVM (in progress) - so I have a nice moving coil instrument that doesn't need mains power
- photographic turntable for creating web movies of rotating objects (turn a bit and shoot)
- controller for kitchen lighting (LED MR16 units) - this made a noticeable impact on the electricity bill

All in continuous use (except the VTVM). I think there are about a dozen chips and perhaps 4000 lines of code running all the time in my house, saving power and making things work. Basically, if it moves and uses electricity you can improve it with a Picaxe. It helps to be retired, however!

eclectic

i have built a few rc projects, with some great success :)

i want to build something else, but cant think what

can you give me some ideas...

projects so far are

1) rc switch
2) indicators for rc truck
3) warning beacons with rc switch
4) full lighting system for a rc truck, indicators, headlights (dipped and main), brake lights and reverse...

i want to try something different...

can i have some ideas please :)
Is it just for R/C trucks?

Or anything to do with
Picaxe and/or R/C?

e

gengis

I've been wanting to build an aeroponic (?) planter for some time. The idea is to take a large plastic storage container and make some holes in the cover to hold plugs of rock wool or fiberglass. The bottom of the container, contains water and some nutrients. Periodically a pump comes on (or some means of) misting plant roots with the nutrient solution. A simple air stone for aquariums, breaking bubbles throw microscopic droplets into the air near the plant roots.

An 'axe to turn on the air pump (little 6 PSI 12 Volt job for $5) to pressurize the receiver (3 liter soft drink bottle) Monitor pressure with a home made diaphragm type transducer. Some aquarium hose and fittings and a surplus solenoid valve ($3).

They sell them ready made with a grow light for ~$500 I was just going to put it outdoors and let a temperature sensor regulate the amount of time the misting goes on each day.

barneydog

not just for trucks, they could work on any rc vehicle...

geoff, i like some of your ideas...

might be worth making some bits to save on the electric bill!!!

5 kids with pcs and xboxs makes the bill nice and high each month lol

SAborn

@Flooby,

It sounds good but its not that simple.
I had some involvement with semi commercial systems a few years back and your idea is full of problems.

Happy to discuss it further if you would like to start a thread rather than to hijack this one further.