new program to load

olden

I tested my 08M to see if it works and I want to play around with a new program. The olny trouble is I can't find out where it tells you in the manual.:confused:

ylp88

The pinouts for the 08 series, including 08M, are on page 19 of the "Getting Started" manual, including connection details for the programming interface. Is that what you are looking for? I'm a bit confused as to what you actually want...

ylp88

olden

I used a very simple program to test my 08M was working O.K. and it was. Because I'm new at this I wanted to put another small new program on the chip to learn programming chips but I still have the old one on there, thats where I'm stuck.

ylp88

If you just want to put another program on the chip, all you do is reprogram the chip using Programming Editor. The old program will automatically be erased and the new one loaded; the process is identical to that which you used to program the chip in the first place.

Just remember to save a copy of your programs as it's not possible to retrieve a program which was previously downloaded onto a PICAXE chip.

ylp88

olden

Thats what I thought but it didn't work for me so after your message I went through the process again. In the manual I eventually found page 36 hard re-set and the fault I found was the chack on the batteries and they were 3.16V, thats probablly the reason the new program did not work. i think I will have to buy a power suppy because it chews up battries very quickly. thanks for your assistance

Dippy

Well spotted.
Chews up batteries? What is your circuit and SHOULD it be 'chewing' up batteries?! A set of AAs and a little 08M + LEDs circuit should run for quite a while.

Buy yourself an Easter Present - a new Multimeter. Then you can measure current as well as volts.