New PICAXE Website

nick12ab

In general I like the new site, but the Circuit Creator Sample Code for VDrive2 USB Stick Datalogger is bogus - when I paste the code into Editor 5.4.2 all Iget is a bunch a syntax errors. We someone be fixing that soon?
The syntax is fine when you add four symbol definitions to the top.

For example...
Code:
symbol loopcounter = b31
symbol point = b32
symbol first_byte = b33
symbol temp = b34
Don't re-use variables that you are using elsewhere in the program unless you know that they won't interfere.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
In general I like the new site, but the Circuit Creator Sample Code for VDrive2 USB Stick Datalogger is bogus - when I paste the code into Editor 5.4.2 all I get is a bunch a syntax errors. We someone be fixing that soon?
Apologies for that and the symbols as suggested by nick12ab have been added .. and many thanks to nick12ab.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Thanks nick12ab - That'll teach me to update pages and then not check the results! All fixed now and perhaps time to follow Zebedee up the stairs. Boing!

Buzby

Different versions of PICAXE manuals on picaxe.com and picaxeforum.co.uk

Hi,

The 'Read me first' sticky on the forum links to Manual 1 version 6.7 01/2009

The link on Getting Started on the PICAXE site links to Manual 1 version 7.7 05/2011

( Maybe it would be better if the two links pointed to the same URL. )

Cheers,

Buzby

EDIT : Sticky corrected 24 Oct 2011,

Last edited:

nick12ab

I hope I'm not excessively nitpicking, but that 'database error' page contact link goes to dbmaster@[B]example.com[/B]. Not that it's unreasonable for the forum to be working at 3:19 (!)

Secondly, when embedding an image, you get the option to store the image locally when using one at a URL, it says 'invalid url' but it works when you choose not to store the file locally.