New Picaxe article

wmerrin

The latest issue (July) of the US magazine "Nuts and Volts" has an article "Near Space Applications With The Picaxe - Part 1" in the "Near Space" column by L. Paul Verhage. In it he starts a project of building a "Pongsat Flight Computer" inside a ping pong ball for launching in high altitude balloons or model rockets. The first version he details uses an 08M as a data logger for temperature data. He will be discussing other applications for the Picaxe in future columns.

Wally

manuka

Great! I've not seen that issue myself yet, but there's a teaser =&gt; <A href='http://www.nutsvolts.com/toc_Pages/jul07toc.htm ' Target=_Blank>External Web Link</a>. Pongsat's are pretty well established of course, with their biggest problem often near space battery freeze up. A US crowd even offers to fly them for free.How about shooting that earlier EEPROM workout along to see the influence of cosmic rays?

(&quot;W&quot; now added- thanks!)

Edited by - manuka on 11/07/2007 12:56:15

Michael 2727

Stan, missing a &quot;W&quot; in the link.
The last time I checked here in VIC none of the 3 magazine distribution houses were
importing Nuts &amp; Volts magazine, that was in 2005, dunno about the other states or
current times. I live in the country so it's even worse than the capitals.
Though for some strange reason a local newsagent has Elektor and Electronics World occasionally.

kungpao

I connect MCP3421 eval board to Picaxe 40X1 by I2C. And try to read results from strain gage loadcell. If I use hi2csetup i2cslave, i either
have nothing on debug table or syntax error. If I setup like the code below I have b0=255, b1=253. Please help (I am no good at all with programming).
ABC:
high 3
pause 500
low 3

hi2csetup i2cmaster, %11010000, i2cslow, i2cbyte
hi2cout (%10011000) '16 bits
pause 100

hi2cin (b0, b1)
pause 100
debug
goto ABC

Rickharris

<A href='http://www.qrpme.com/' Target=_Blank>External Web Link</a> A Picaxe kit in a Tuna Tin and all for only!$40
Stan, lookout.

Edited by - rickharris on 15/08/2007 06:58:28

Tom2000

That's an interesting site. Thanks for the link.

I enjoyed his whimsical packaging. Also, a couple of his kits appear to come in a sealed can. I really wonder how he does that? Walks into a seafood cannery with a bagful of parts and says, &quot;Please can these?&quot; :)

Tom