New forum software + "Copy for Forum" function in PICAXE Editor

PhilHornby

Is there a way to make code copied from the PICAXE Editor (6.1.0.0) (Using "Copy for Forum"), display properly in this 'new' forum software?

Previously, this :-

Code:
[color=Blue]if [/color][color=Purple]b9 [/color][color=DarkCyan]= [/color][color=Red]"0" [/color][color=Blue]then                               
                        [/color][color=Purple]b9 [/color][color=DarkCyan]= [/color][color=Red]" "                                 
                  [/color][color=Blue]else
                        goto [/color][color=Black]DisplayIMax
                  [/color][color=Blue]endif[/color]
would have displayed like this (but colour-coded) :-
Code:
        if b9 = "0" then                       
                b9 = " "                       
        else
                goto DisplayIMax
        endif
I believe I've tried every option - but I may have missed something.

If the feature is no longer supported, I can stop using it...

But what about existing posts, that I might want to link to? (For example, the code here is was fairly unreadable:( )

Last edited:

inglewoodpete

Is there a way to make code copied from the PICAXE Editor (6.1.0.0) (Using "Copy for Forum"), display properly in this 'new' forum software?

I believe I've tried every option - but I may have missed something.

If the feature is no longer supported, I can stop using it...

But what about existing posts, that I might want to link to? (For example, the code here is fairly unreadable:( )
You're right, it's not as convenient to present and read back PICAXE code on the new forum. I imagine that there are changes afoot in an upcoming version of the PE to create and import forum code.

In the meantime, use "Copy for Forum" and change the head line from "[ code ]" (with no embedded spaces) to "[ code = rich ]" (ditto).

PhilHornby

Ah - excellent...

I'd discovered the "Insert Code -> Language: Rich (BB Code)" option - but that wasn't having the desired effect (since I was pasting code in there, that already had a "[code]" statement ... and it was confusing things somewhat!