New Editor and 18m2 variants?

john2051

Hi,
Possibly a query for technical:- Will the new editor know the difference between the old 18m2 and the 18m2+ ?

Thanks and regards john

john2051

Hi Nick, thanks for that, somehow I missed it on the forum. I did a search for 18m2+, and got no hits....
I was a bit concerned, because I've got quite a few of the first 18m2s, with the i2c bug.
Thanks again
Regards John

john2051

Hi Nick, I must be doing something wrong, because if i type 18m2+ into the search bar it lists all kinds of irrelevant threads. This is on my laptop running windows xp.
If i type the same thing in my main machine running win7 64 bit professional it displays correctly. I've not changed any settings on either machine.
The only difference is my xp machine has virgins own anti virus software, whereas the other uses norton.
Any ideas Nick,

regards john

nick12ab

Note: Read entire post first before uninstalling Virgin antivirus!

I did a Google Search for virgin antivirus and I came across this page which implies that Virgin Media Security could just be Trend Micro (the picture of a Mac on the garlik website implies that garlik might be the Mac version of Virgin Security if there is one but garlik could just be another part of the Virgin Security suite) but with Virgin logos instead (like versions of Internet Explorer included on CD-ROMs) or it could just use the trend micro engine with a completely custom GUI stuck on. I don't use their software so I can't confirm that for sure. I use Microsoft Security Essentials.

As garlik claim to be 'the online identity experts', is garlik is part of the suite and not 'the Mac version', then it is more likely to be responsible than Trend Micro.

You might not be doing anything wrong - as this forum has many new threads a day and loads of posts a day, search results will differ from hour to hour and the search seems to be largely biased by the date of the last post. If I look at the search results now, the relevant thread is now item number 5 on the list.

Attachments

john2051

@Westaust55, Hi, Yes thanks now that I've seen the briefing, I can make a start! I also think I've found out
why when I did a search for 18M2+ it found nothing. It seems for some reason ie was using a much earlier
cached page. I ended up letting norton utils sort the registry, and now (touch wood) things are working.

Thanks to yourself and Nick, much appreciated
regards john