Need help with LoRa RYLR998 and 18m2

AllyCat

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. The LoRa RYLR 998 transceiver has been "unknown" on this forum until very recently, so you're in luck that another member is planning to use it in Another Thread. So you can look in there to learn about interfacing with the RF device. It might be the case that you will need to use HSEROUT (and maybe HSERIN) commands (not simply SEROUT and SERIN), which can be used only with very specific PICaxe pins.

The first thing you should do with any development Program Code is to test it in the Program Editor (and eventually its Simulator), but I'm afraid that the above will throw a large number of "Syntax Errors". Some of them can be difficult to decypher until you're familiar with the specific limitations of the PICaxe Basic language, but some of the "errors" should be quite obvious.

Also, you will need to give us the specific part number and/or specification for your "LCD" display, because the vast majority of LCD/OLED "20x04" displays cannot be driven (directly or simply) via an I2C Bus, using the type of commands that you have shown. I hope I've not been too discouraging; in time, you should receive as much help as you need on this forum.

EDIT: The (new) answer is in the thread I've linked above, but we can't/won't help if you're going to keep deleting your posts. :(

Cheers, Alan.

Last edited:

HelloWorld10000

Alan,

Thank you for your help! I’m going to do some more research and back to the drawing board. The screen is a FREENOVE I2C LCD 2004 Module, IIC TWI Serial 20x4 Display. Is it compatible?

AllyCat

Hi,

That looks like a standard parallel 2004 display with an I2C Explander "Backpack" added. Yes, they can be driven by a PICaxe, but the program code is much more complex than you originally posted. This is because the display needs to be "initialised" and then all the "characters" sent as pairs of 4-bit nibbles. There are several threads on the forum, but the exact code depends on the pin connections between the expander chip and display.

Cheers, Alan.