My first Picaxe Bot..

cactusface

Hi Folks,
I just thought you might? like to see my first Picaxe project. A simple buggy-bot, just 2 bump switches, 2 motors, LED indicators and sound. If I manage to upload the code and schematic you will understand it more.

On switch on, it produces a rising tone, then sits there beeping and flashing until you press one of the bump switches, then off it goes, on hitting something it reverses then turns, now and again it will spin (twirl) around a few times then its off again. Adding ultrasonics next so it don't bump in to things. The power supply runs the pic and motors, as these are small no problems yet!!

All build on Vero board, a bit of a waste as the base, don't carry much, the top board connects through pin headers and sockets, so removing its brain and up grading or adding extras, should be painless! Oh dear I can only upload 2 files max! well if anyone wants to see the schematic, will do.
Thanks for looking Cactusface

Attachments

Last edited:

cactusface

My first Piaxe bot... part 2

Hi Folks,
I don't suppose that replying to your own post is a good idea but just wanted to include the schematic and another image.
Also to let you know that it uses a Picaxe 18X and the L293D for motor control, the rear wheel was replaced with a small wood cupboard knob which runs a lot better on carpet, with no drag.
Regards
Mel (Cactusface)

Attachments

Last edited:

Dippy

Firstly, well done. Plug ins are a great idea.

Secondly, don't worry about talking to yourself - Westy does it all the time :)

PS. Nice quality images too.

Last edited: