Ms Surface pro not programming

Hi all,

Has anyone had an issue with the Microsoft surface pro not working. It finds the axe27 cable but constantly says hardware not found.

My bench power supply is set to 4.5 v

I have rebuilt on 3 different breadboard all with new components on each.

Any clues or he lol would be appreciated.

Buzby

Welcome to the forum !.

Very first test, do the loopback check in PE6.

If that works, then your problem is not the Surface or cable.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
It might also be worth posting your circuit or photo of the breadboard so others can check the wiring is connect.

Does it work with any other PICAXE boards ?

It might also be worth posting your circuit or photo of the breadboard so others can check the wiring is connect.

Does it work with any other PICAXE boards ?
No, I have rebuilt 3 different breadboard, does the 28x2 require a timing crystal or will it work at the slower speed without it.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
A couple of things which will should help -

1) Leg 1 (reset) must have a 4K7 going to +V

2) Leg 8 must be connected to 0V

It's probably the first which is causing the current problems.

There's no need to fit a crystal or resonator. The 28X2 will default to its internal oscillator when not fitted.

And there shouldn't be any need to upgrade to .Net 4 if PICAXE Editor 6 is actually running.

Thank you all so much for the responses and apologies for not replying as I have implemented all the changes, sadly to no avail. Will keep hunting and let you all know.

I attached the diode as suggested on kik one to 5v and ensure the black cable was to negative as Hippy suggested.

Sadly, not working. I have tried a new stero Jack amd still no go.

Really stumped as a beginner on this one.

depeet

It is not clear in the picture, but are your black wires on the left connected to the black wire of your power supply like I showed in the picture with a blue line?

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
I attached the diode as suggested on kik one to 5v
Not sure if that's a typo but it should be a 4K7 resistor between Leg 1 and 5V. I couldn't see that in your circuit. Leg 1 is the far left bottom leg as shown in your breadboard photo. Make sure you have linked 5V across the breadboard as you have for 0V.

It would be worthwhile posing an image of your jack socket wiring and showing how that connects to the PICAXE. The wires may go to the wrong jack pins, be crossed over, or not have a good connection. All those can prevent things from working.